Values and Aims
Sir Francis Drake Primary School - The school where everyone is valued and all succeed.
Education is a powerful force for social justice. If we care about the children, we care about high standards for all.
- Respect - recognising the worth, quality and importance of others while celebrating their differences.
- Perseverance- having the ability to continue to maintain a purpose in spite of difficulties.
- Responsibility – being able to account for all your deeds & actions and promote self-discipline.
- Creativity – being able to think and create in an original way.
- Integrity – following your principles.
- Thoughtfulness – being considerate & kind to others at all times.
- High standards for all because every child matters.
- Provide a safe and happy learning environment which is welcoming, supportive and challenging, so that every member of our community enjoys coming to school and is motivated to do their best.
- Provide a rich curriculum that will equip children with the skills, confidence and independence needed in order to secure a lifelong love of learning.
- Develop and nurture talent and aptitude of all kinds and at every level, so that each individual in the school's community feels valued.
- Help children to become responsible citizens who contribute positively to society by ensuring that our values are at the heart of all we do.
- Provide spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and take active steps to combat disadvantage and provide equal opportunities for excellence.
- Continue to develop the learning environment to inspire awe and wonder in our community
- Encourage active involvement with parents and community to raise achievement.