The Government believes that head teachers and school leaders should decide how to use the Pupil Premium. They are held accountable for the decisions they make through:
- The performance tables which show the performances of disadvantaged pupils compared with their peers
- The Ofsted inspection framework, under which inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, in particular those who attract the Pupil Premium
- This report for parents that schools now have to publish online
At Sir Francis Drake Primary School our aim is “High Standards for All”.
To achieve this:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, including the socially disadvantaged.
- Children will be identified for support through termly Pupil Progress meetings. Not all Pupil Premium children will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.
Click here to view our Pupil Premium strategy for 2021-24 and the review of last year's plan